Saturday 23 March 2013

(#kcFMPdiary) 'A Futuristic Holiday' Research Week 1

It's the first proper week of me doing my FMP and I've finally decided on what I'm going to focus on for the final unit. My theme is 'A Futuristic Holiday'. I came to this conclusion by thinking of a long list of themes and by the process of elimination I came up with this combination. The whole point of me combining these themes was to challenge myself and to think very 'out of the box' for my collection.

This week my intention was to complete my moodboards and research a couple designers for my contextual research. I also wanted to watch a few films to look at their costumes and props to inspire me. I managed to get my two moodboards done, one for 'futuristic' and one for 'holidays', and one designer covered which was Junya Watanabe.

I focused mainly on Watanabe's S/S 2013 collection because of it's futuristic look, bold colours and shapes.

The pieces I looked at from the collection:










By Monday I'm going to try and complete DZHUS 'Technogenesis' research, Ara Jo research, watch Hunger Games and Blade Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment