Sunday 31 March 2013

(#kcinterview) Amil Antonio



Amil Antonio is a young man that doesn't categorise himself into the traditional stereotype that he may be initially perceived as. Working on making a name for himself his audience is forever surprised at what he brings to the table as the challenges just push him to better himself.
Who is Amil Antonio?
Amil Antonio is me, its the better part as well as the worst. See, from near the ending of school people would refer to me as Ace, on the roads and on the blocks, and as I started college it adapted to "Ace Milly". To be honest I don't know why but it sounded catchy, so didn't really mind but in any case I knew that I couldn't take music seriously with that name plus I wanted something that meant more so I changed it. Now, 'Antonio' is simply my mothers maiden name and 'Amil' is a shortened version of 'Ace Milly'...'A - M - I - L'. People ask me why my mums last name and the answer is as simple as she is the one responsible for my up bringing so my mum is the first and only women I love. All in all 'Amil Antonio' is me, its how I see myself on common grounds, what I think reflects who I honestly am and gives me the chance to share that with people, through music, and for them to understand my thoughts.

What is the purpose of you creating your own music?
I make music to vent. In all honesty I don't like speaking bout my issues, it so happens that rapping allows me to talk about things on my mind without feeling uncomfortable.

I know you're a young man of many talents, does 'Amil Antonio' cover everything?
I try to have my hand in every pot I can, a jack of all trades ... but a master of none. Well that last bit could be argued (laughs) but on a serious note, I've had to learn how to do things for myself. Its dog eat dog world and no one is prepared to help others to survive without receiving something of value. I guess that's how my filming kind of started. I needed some money and I had some spare change so I got a camera and started filming friends on the block until my skills developed and I saved enough to improve my equipment. Luckily enough I met my boy Nick and because of the interest he showed in the Trinity Marque idea he helped me push it further and get better equipment etc. Now I film only for my artists and people supporting Trinity Marque. Designing has always been my thing, from school days the only thing that really kept me interested was art or graphics. So I guess amil antonio does cover everything but I tend to work without labelling anything or making it apparent that its my work unless its music. Purely for the fact that I want to be taken seriously as an artist first before people show more interest in my additional attributes in media.

What would you say influences you to write your songs?
Life. It's that simple. If I had to elaborate it would be difficult because I don't listen to many artists, other than the TDE collection etc Ab Soul, Kendrick Lamar, School Boy Q and J Rock. I aso listen to a bit of flate bush and ASAP but recently Dizzy Wrihts been in my playlist. So I guess in musically in terms of how I rap etc comes down to them but the content is just day to day life.

What's the latest track you've made and what inspired you to write it?

The latest track I've made is titled "Lost" and surprisingly enough the inspiration came from literally being lost in thought. I came home late and I was on the phone to a female but I just couldn't remember what I wanted to say. In all fairness I'm not really a ladies man but let's just say the girl on the phone had me speechless for a while. I guess its about a certain female and being able to relay what I would of liked to say or at least portray it in a comfortable manor and "Lost" done so.

How can people follow your progress?

People can follow my progress by keeping up to date with me @AmilAntonio_TM or @AceMilly (which is a promotional twitter for myself) and to keep up to date with the activities of Trinity Marque visit www.trinitymarque.blogspot.com or follow @TrinityMarquePR

No comments:

Post a Comment