Saturday 9 February 2013

(#kcinterview) Milo

Doing something you love opens up so many doors for you. It's amazing how I was able to learn even more about myself and my way of thinking from getting together with Milo to give you another inspiring and knowledgeable interview to read.

I hope that it's helpful to read interviews from people in the field already, even if your speciality isn't music you can still realise small things that could change your life forever.

I would now like to introduce you to Milo, a great man who has creativity at the forefront of everything he does!


So milo tell us a bit about yourself?
From a young age I've had an insatiable obsession with the concept of rhythm and the effect a beat has on both the medium through which it is being relayed or created and the subject that is receiving it.

How has your obsession evolved into your everyday life?
It's become first nature, everything I hear I make a beat out of. I find myself filling the space in between sounds with drum fills! For example, the space in between each ring of my house phone and the space between each ring of the school bell!

From everything I know about you and what you've shared I can tell you're into your music. What instruments do you play and what other talents do you have to share with the rest of the world?
I like to think of myself as a bit of a writer. I feel as comfortable hovered over a piece of paper with my bic biro at the ready as I do when sat behind my drum kit. I guess I would say my second instrument is my pen.

Do you keep your writing as a personal hobby or do you like to share it with anyone who wants to see?
Well my writing has 3 aspects to it: Song writing, creative/poetic writing and spoken from experience writing. All this is a form of release, as and when I feel somewhat inspired by recent and or past events and when it seems necessary.

You definitely have a creative flare to your practice, does this influence your style and vice versa?
Yeah I think so! In my opinion style is the wordless introduction, people will come to their own conclusion based upon what they see just like people come to their own opinion on a song they hear or a written piece they read. It's self expression.

Who inspires the way you work?
I'm a big film score fan and I love the work of composers like Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, John Williams, Alan Menken, The Sherman Brothers, Quincy Jones. These people have been responsible for the music in some of my favourite films, films I grew up on spanning from the mid 70's-late 90's.

How would you describe your personal style?
I've been told that I don't dress to my stereotype, that's kind of the point. I guess the older and more experienced I become the less standout my clothes have become. My wardrobe consists of a few pairs of wrangler jeans, the obligatory chinos, some short sleeve printed shirts, six to seven plain v-neck black/white tees, five to six cable knit jumpers, two over shirts, two denim jackets, two leathers and one pea coat. I have a few accessories that consist of four Casio watches I've had for a number of years, my aluminium cards holders and my carabiners. I always have my set of keys, drum tuning key, along with my monkey fist key chain.

Sounds really interesting! Is there a place where people can keep up to date and follow your progress?
People can follow my progress on twitter @mformilo/@mformilonians and on soundcloud @mformilo.

No comments:

Post a Comment