Monday 25 February 2013

(#kcmoviereview) The Devil Wears Prada


Since the start of the year i've been really into watching films but the last several I have watched were action films, so not directly to do with fashion, however I did watch The Devil Wears Prada!

When I was finding my next fashion film to watch I wanted to see Coco before Chanel because I've heard quite a few people talk about it but I could only find french versions. If anyone knows where I can find a full English version, no subtitles, please contact me I would be truly grateful.

Finding time to sit down and watch a movie without having to multitask is a rare occasion nowadays but I've had a few quiet days recently so I thought why not watch The Devil Wears Prada. I've watched The Devil Wears Prada before but I would watch it over and over again if I could because I seem to forget vital parts of any film if I only watch them once.

As fast paced as the fashion industry is I still can't get enough of it! Fashion moulds what we wear on a day to day basis and enhances who we are.

I actually found it quite funny watching everyone run around at the start of the film like headless chickens as Miranda, the head of Runway magazine, was coming in earlier than she should have. I guess it's the only way to impress who is at the top.

Wow! Miranda has everyone kissing her feet!

(#kctip) Being smart about your decisions, working hard and definitely being a fast learner are some of the key things to working in any industry.

Fashion is a 24/7 job early mornings and late nights but if you love it it's worth it. However, working within the fashion industry does come with its advantages! The higher you get the more connections you make; the more opportunities you get offered; and possibly some free stuff.

In a subtle way The Devil Wears Prada covers the ins and outs of starting off in the fashion industry. All I'm saying is fake it till you make it. I don't mean that literally but mentally. You have to believe in yourself and be confident in anything you do for other people to believe in you and to ensure that doors will be open for you.

Thrive to survive and you'll impress the best.

Question! Does your personal life literally hang by a thread when you start doing well at work?

I loved seeing the fashion show about half an hour before the end of the film. The dresses were beautiful and the colour combinations were amazing. They even had the monochrome colour scheme in the catwalk which is a current trend at the moment. One day I would love to go to London Fashion Week instead of London Fashion Weekend.

One thing I did have a little problem with was the thought of putting someone down to get ahead. I loved watching the film once again. Maybe in the next couple of months I'll watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment