Thursday 24 January 2013

(#kcinterview) DR Kaos

Being around a lot of creative people everyday made me realise over time how integrated music and fashion is. From music videos to catwalks DJs and fashion designers work closely together all the time. The best thing about increasing my social circle is that I get to meet new and upcoming 'creatives' regularly.

DR Kaos, DJ Danny D and RawTrouble HD is a new DJ collaboration that has recently combined their talents to bring you the newest music from the Caribbean with a UK twist.

If you want to learn more about the brains behind DR Kaos continue reading.


IMAGE: DJ Danny D (left) and
RawTrouble HD (right)
Why did you choose the name 'DR Kaos'?
Originally we started off with the name Island Fusion but due to various things already having that name we realised we needed to find a new name. A couple friends of ours helped us to initially to come up with a name and then one of them came out with DR Kaos and it just clicked. 'DR' is the 1st initial of both of our DJ names and 'Kaos' comes from the atmosphere which we create when we play together.

After knowing each other for 8 months why have you now chosen to combine your talents?
I'd say it's 50% for the love of music and 50% is for the vibe of each other. We have worked well together previously and we also have the same goal in mind to achieve.

Whats the best thing about being able to work with another person rather than working alone?
Being able to work with another person is good because it allows you to share knowledge with each other for songs that work well together. You can also work on remixes too and get second opinions which always helps. Sometimes you can get distracted by others when djing, so having another person to work with when the conversations do happen makes sure they remain constructive rather than distracting. As both of us have the same objective we can contribute differently in a way that works together so that we push each other to be bigger and better.

Who/what inspired you to be better and push yourself further?
DJ DannyD: When I go to parties and there are DJs that can't get the vibe right and then when I hear what the people want, I think that I'm capable of that! My main inspirations are DTee, DJ Tate, Mike Forbes and Trevor Davis.
RawTrouble HD: I gain inspiration from different things hence why I can't base it in one person. If I did have to name a few I would say DTee, QT2Hype, DJ Jazzy Jeff and DJ Craze.

How would you describe your personal style?
DJ Danny D: I like being really casual and comfortable to be honest. A pair of jeans, a tshirt and some trainers do me nicely. I do like buying exclusive trainers though to wear on special occasions but other than that I'm pretty simple.
RawTrouble HD: I wear tshirts mainly but depending on where I'm going I might throw on a shirt paired with jeans or chinos. Vans, Nike and Adidas are normally my choice of brands for footwear but I do like to mix it up a bit with a few designer brands.

What can we expect to hear from you in the future?
You can expect to hear about us more and more as we continue to play out and make mixes. We will be making new mixes regularly for the public to download which will include a wide variety of music genres. Also we will be creating exclusive remixes for our mixes and when we play out at many different events.

Keep updated with DR Kaos by following them on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment