Monday 7 January 2013

(#kcmoviereview) Bruno

When I typed in 'Fashion films' on the Google this was one of the films that came up. From the name and my preassumptions I didn't think that Bruno was anywhere near a fashion film but I decided to watched the whole thing to find out.

As soon as the film started I really didn't know what I was getting myself in to but I started watching it with no judgement except for the fact that I wanted it to have some educational reference to fashion.

Some parts of the film was a bit awkward but I think that was just due to the nature of the film and the character that Sacha Baron Cohen had to play.

Throughout the film he is constantly making jokes about the fashion industry but in the midst of all that you do see familiar fashion faces when he goes to the catwalk.

About 15 minutes into the film I was actually quiet scared about what was left to come throughout the rest of the film. Maybe it wasn't what was looking for? Then again it does show the reality of some parts of the fashion industry.

I guess any career path can make you or break you. Especially the fashion industry!

'Give love to other people you get love back' - Paula Abdul

There is a bit of nudity so if you're not comfortable with that prepare yourself or don't watch it. Some parts of the film had me a little confused on why it was orignally made. The obsession with wanting to be world famous I think may have taken away the real message of the story even though I'm not sure what it was in the first place.

On Bruno's behalf it is nice to have people or a certain person that is fully behind you and believes that you are something, even if you don't see yourself as something.

As a whole, the film wasn't really what I was expecting I thought it was going to have some educational meaning that brings the whole film together. I would say the song that ends the film had a good message throughout but you have to listen hard to catch the odd few lines that are very positive and charitable.

If you're looking for a 'fashion film' unfortunately I don't think this film is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment