Thursday 3 January 2013

(#kcupdate) New Years Honours List!

Three days into the New Year and I've already learnt something new. I've always known that people got honoured every now and again but I never knew that there was a list that came out at the beginning of the year that listed them and why. I decided to research some of the people I have heard of that have been honoured for their creative work.




Quentin Blake CBE was given a Knighthood for his illustration work. As soon as I saw his work I knew I had seen it in the Roald Dahl books I have read when I was younger.





Tracey Emin was awarded a CBE for her artwork. Studying creative art related subjects since 2005 I'm very familiar with Tracey Emin's textile work and I like how a message is told through her outcomes. One of her pieces of work that stood out to me the most was a bag that was displayed in the V&A Museum, London.






Stella McCartney has been awarded an OBE for her services to Fashion. The whole world has seen Stella McCartney's work at the recent Olympics in London. It enabled the UK to stand out amongst the crowd and be proud to be British!




Take a look at the full list on the direct.gov.uk website.




No comments:

Post a Comment