Wednesday 12 September 2012

Inspired by Baroque

Being really ill these last couple of days all I've wanted to do is sleep. Having a two hour nap after college all I could think about was blogging as I didn't have time to yesterday but now I have time I'ddone no research whatsoever.

About half an hour ago I thought to look at what new items Alexander McQueen has brought out this season and I felt really inspired by this dress. I'm not normally one to like skirts or dresses touching the knee or one to like belts but this dress stood out like a sore thumb.


I love how I can associate the pattern on this dress to the ironwork gallery in the V&A. The continuously flowing pattern makes the dress appeal soft but the belt placed around the waist adds a harsher tone to the whole outfit.

'When the opposites meet - hard and soft'

Studying an Art Diploma this year and being well into the work already on the third day I need a wide range of inspirations so here's the first of the month. Also check out my google+ page where I am going to try to upload what I do in class everyday or I will upload outcomes part way through it's process and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment